It is amazing how long ago it seemed that I was quitting work. That was another life. One full of nice clothes that stayed nice all day, filled with meetings and adult conversations, and long commutes and lunches Downtown. Now my days are filled with Dallas and wondering how other moms "do it." I love playing with Dallas, watching him learn and grow, I wouldn't trade this time for anything the world could offer me. I just wish I new how to better balance him with house work and down time. I truly admire anyone who has survived one kid and gone on to have more.
I have desperately tried to enjoy all of Dallas' first year. I often go back and look at "old" pictures to remind me of what has taken place. Although I really can't remember a lot and my horrible horrible memory is to blame. So thank you to blogger for providing a way to write down and remember how Dallas has grown each month.
Dallas wakes up with the craziest hair sometimes. This one was especially messy! You can tell he isn't quite awake yet.
At his Dr. appointment his stats were:
- Weight: 23 pounds 3 ounces - 48 percentile
- Height: 30 and 3/4 inches - 83 percentile
- Head: 18.1 cm - 47 percentile
Highlights of this past month:
- He is much more steady when walking. He just barely started to walk with his hands by his side and not out to keep his balance. He loves walking although he doesn't like it when I try and put shoes on his feet.
- He can go up and down stairs no problem.
- He hates his car seat. Sometimes he is ok going in it, but most times, and always if the car seat is already in the car, he will scream and resist being strapped in.
- He loves tooth brushes. I went through 3 and Dan 2 in about a week. Dallas learned how to open the cabinets under the sink where are toothbrushes are and he would take them and run. I would forget to move my toothbrush and would be in the shower. Dallas would grab it despite me telling him no, and proceed to rub it all over the bathroom. I finally bought him some, but he didn't like them and we finally figured out he like the toothpaste taste. I just bought some kid toothpaste that is safe for him to swallow and he loves it. I put a tiny drop on a toothbrush for him and he is one happy camper.
- About a week before his birthday I noticed another tooth was FINALLY coming in. He has his front bottom two, but his top right tooth, that would be next to his front teeth, is coming in. I guess the front ones and the one to the left are just about to come through too, which is very exciting. Dallas needs some chompers!
- He loves to stick his tongue out and touch the tip to his top lip. He also likes to show off his bottom two teeth.
- He has started to really give kisses and hugs. When we are holding him he will put his are around our necks with his head on our shoulder and hold tight. I love this!!!
- We swear his first word is Jesus. It isn't that Dan and I aren't teaching Dallas about Jesus and church things we just don't think about it since he is so little. Earlier in the month I was in the kitchen and Dan was in the living room showing Dallas the pictures of Christ that are hanging up in there. Dan pointed to one and said... that's Jesus. Then he pointed to the other and said... that's Jesus. Then we both heard him say "Jesus." We couldn't believe it. He obviously says his own version, but it is clear on what he is trying to say. Now we can be in another room and ask "where's Jesus" and he will point to the living room. Also when we have been holding him and walking by the pictures, every once in a while he will point and say Jesus. It is amazing and has proven to me that babies really are still so close to Heaven! We totally claim this as his first word.
- Dallas also will fold his arms when we pray. This he picked up on his own and just started doing. All these things have given me hope that I might have a good kid on my hands!
- I know I have said this before but Dallas LOVES LOVES LOVES water. If I give him his sippy with water he will suck it down as though he just crossed the desert with nothing to drink. He also loves sinks, drinking fountains, and hoses. He knows water will come out of them and will not leaven them alone.
- He is starting to sleep through the night more, but still a work in progress.
- Dallas is a climber!!! He attempts to climb on or over everything. He also gets into everyone. Anything without a child lock is play land to him.
- I am amazed with how much he comprehends. He is very good at pointing to what he wants and shakes his head no all the time. He mimics us all the time, but our Favorite is when he pretends to sneeze. He has done this for awhile, and it still cracks us up.

No comments:
Post a Comment