Sunday, March 18, 2012

A trip to California

Last week Dallas and I headed to California. It was a great trip even though it started with our flight being delayed 3 hours. I went to a little play area in the airport since it was out of the way. I wiped down one of the toys in the area and pulled out some of Dallas' toys. We weren't in there for more then 10 minutes when I hear some lady loudly say "I can't believe parents let their kids go in there, it is so disgusting." I turned around in disbelief and the lady looked at me and I said that I had wiped down the toys, she responded with "I'm just a germ-a-phobe." So rude! We finally got on the plane and I warned the two gentlemen next to me that Dallas was tired and might cry. One responded with "well then we will help, just let us know." It was such a kind contrast to the other lady and put me at ease for the flight. Thankfully Dallas did great.

Chelsea picked us up and we were on our way to her house in Escondido. I was a little nervous that every house we were staying at had a dog, but Dallas loved the dogs! One day we went to a park, another we went to the beach. Dallas loved both and it was soooo good to be outside in the warm weather.

Chelsea and Jeremy with Dallas. They are going to be such good parents!!

Dallas watched Shelby, Chelsea's dog, everywhere she went. He loved getting his hands licked even though that meant getting wiped down by mom afterwards.
At the park!At the beach, Dallas loved the water and dry sand, but wasn't a fan of the cold wet sand. I did my best keeping him from eating the sand, but he still got a couple good handfuls in his mouth. The day we came home he had a major blowout so I put him straight into the bath to rinse him off and sure enough, on the bottom of the tub was little bits of sand... I am glad it made its way out.
The main reason I went to California this week was that Chelsea is pregnant and it was the week of her baby shower. She is having a boy and we can't wait for our boys to be friends. The shower was amazing! It was safari themed and so much fun. The best part of this trip with getting together with so many of my best friends from high school. We always have a good time, but this time I was so proud to introduce them to Dallas!
I then headed up to Glendora, my hometown. I stayed a couple a nights with my friend Julie. We had fun spending time together and shopping (something we are both pros at). Sunday night we had dinner at her mom's house. We had tacos along with lots of other food that was delicious! I have a new love, Pepper Jack Tostitos!!

Julie holding Dallas while her mom made him laugh.
Dallas playing with Julie's Dachshunds. They are Dallas' size so it was fun to see them together.
I was then off to my brother's place. I was really looking forward to spending time with him, his wife and baby girl Jordyn, who is one day older than Dallas. Unfortunately, RJ had to work each day, but I kind of figured he would... just like most people who have jobs :) Although at night we were able to fun together. Danielle and I entertained our little ones and enjoyed a couple low key days together which was really nice. We all realized that we are sooo thankful we don't have twins. Even with three adults the two babies ruled and we felt overwhelmed.

RJ entertained Dallas by throwing the ball and Izzy, their dog, fetching it.It was fun to see our kids interact together. They did great when someone was with them, but if we left them alone they would both start screaming and crying. It was the strangest thing. I look forward to our kids growing up together and being good friends. It is also great that Danielle and I are first time moms together. I love called and talking to her about the different stages our kids are going through.

Finally it was time to go home. I wish I could have stayed longer at each place, although, on the other hand I was ready to go home. We missed Dan and Dallas needed to get back on schedule.

Jordyn and Dallas fell asleep on the way to the airport AFTER screaming for 15 minutes with me trying calm them with little success!
Dallas eating our boarding passes on the plane. He was ready to go!
The flight home went smoothly and it was priceless to see how excited Dallas was to see Dan. Unfortunately, Dallas came down with a cold. I knew the last day we were in California he wasn't feeling well and hoped it would pass, but no such luck. He is still trying to get over it, but the amazing thing is even though he is sick he still has a big smile for us all day.

Thank you to all my friends and family for giving us a perfect trip!!!

1 comment:

Craig and Cassie said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun! I can't believe how light his hair has gotten, he's adorable and such big guy now.