Monday, February 20, 2012

Six Months of Amazing

Saturday Feb. 18th Dallas turned 6 months old. It is amazing how much Dallas has grown and changed in just six short months. I am thankful for pictures and videos that remind me how small and precious Dallas was when we first brought him home, his faces when he first tried solids, and the smiles that melt our hearts.At his six month appointment his stats were:
  • Weight: 16 pounds 15 oz - 35th %(Once again we thought he was looking chunky, only to find out he is still our skinny mini!)
  • Head: 17.5 inches - 85th %
  • Height: 27 3/4 inches - 90th %

A few things about Dan and me:

  • We can't get enough of Dallas. He is just so captivating. Everything he does is amazing!
  • His smile really is the cutest and there is nothing better.
  • We would talk about what life would be like when we had a baby and it is amazing how close our expectations and reality were. Parenthood has felt so natural.
  • We love to sing to Dallas, especially Disney songs.
  • I was worried about how mine and Dan's relationship would change. It has changed and turned into something different, but in a positive way and I am thankful for that.
  • I am surprised at how not worried I am when I am letting someone watch Dallas for me, but the moment I leave him I start to panic and wonder what I was thinking.
  • Dan is such a fun Dad and was the first to get Dallas to laugh. He is a huge help to me and so patient. Watching him interact with Dallas warms my heart and helps me forget that he doesn't do diapers :)

Now a recap of Dallas' amazing six months of life. He went from being completely dependent on me to this:

  • Smiling all the time. When you give him a big smile he will smile back, but look away in shyness.
  • Rolling over both ways. I love it when he rolls to his side and looks at me to make sure I am watching him.
  • Eating every vegetable baby food I give him. He LOVES food. I am a crazy mom when it comes to what he can eat, then the pediatrician told me today that he can eat just about anything that he won't choke on. I wanted to cry. Nooo, he isn't old enough for that.
  • Pushing up while on his tummy and even moves from side to side and in circles.
  • He has a courtesy laugh that cracks us up, but every once in a while he gives us a good laugh.
  • Sleeps un-swaddled and for 7-8 hours at night.
  • His gassiness is gone!!
  • Still loves every minute of bath time.
  • He can sit up on his own.
  • Has had 3 hair cuts. All of his dark dark baby hair is gone.
  • He talks/yells more and more each day.
  • He is still my snuggler. I hope he never changes this. Often when he is tired, but not quite ready to go to sleep, I will hold him close while bouncing on the ball and he will just hang out with me.
  • He knows me and Dan and loves us so much!

I am thankful for all that God has given. I am truly blessed to have an amazing family!

1 comment:

Scooter and Jessica said...

He is so darling! I can't believe how much hair he has. Lincoln is still basically bald!