I know to most a Cedar City Getaway wouldn't sound too fun, especially if you know where Cedar City is. Although, that is where my parents live and it truly is a getaway every time I go. Dan had his first of two comprehensive exams for his doctoral program on Valentine's Day. Since Dallas and I are huge distractions we went to my parents for about five days so Dan could really study. We did this last month too, but I failed to take pictures.

My mom and dad are so amazing. I am fortunate to live only 3.5 hours away so I can take these little trips. They are so good to me. My dad is a huge help with Dallas when I am trying to do things with my mom or just need a minute. My mom feeds me, does my laundry, helps with projects I bring down that I can't do without her, and best of all she cuts Dallas' hair and teaches him new tricks. This time my brother came for a few days too which was such a treat for us.


I missed Dan like crazy, but I knew this was what we needed to do. If I can't be with him, there isn't a place I would rather be than with my parents.
Dallas doing the trick my mom taught him!
My mom tickling Dallas, it was so fun to watch him crack up!

Dan, as usual, doubts how he did on this first test, but I am sure he did amazingly. These tests are the last hurdle before he can write his dissertation and BE DONE, so they are a big big deal. Since this fell on Valentine's Day, and Dan hates this day anyway, I told him not to worry about doing anything to celebrate. When I say something like this he usually goes along with it. I really meant it, but just as any girl would, I had a little hope deep down that he still would do something and he did! Dan came home with some beautiful pink roses.

Dan is such an amazing husband and I am thankful for all that he does for me. I am one very lucky lady!
1 comment:
Wow - what a show! You have to admit that for a first baby trick it's pretty impressive, but if he's still doing this when we send him off on his mission, I'm going to deny all responsibility.
Love that boy!
Mom
Post a Comment