Friday, September 9, 2011

Diaper Disaster

Dan and I were given LOTS of diapers at our baby showers. But as you know, a newborn goes through LOTS of diapers. I have been struggling with what brand to buy now that I will be purchasing them. I love Pampers, but they are a little more expensive. Huggies aren't bad and I could go with those. Then there are the wide range of other brands. Me being the cheap person that I am, bought the Walmart brand "Parent's Choice" to try them out. BAD IDEA!!

VS

My amazing little sleeper had the most restless night last night. I thought he was super hungry, but then finally, early this morning, I realized he was waking up almost every hour and the off feeding hours was because he needed to be changed. These bargain diapers have horrible absorbancy and obviously Dallas didn't like feeling wet when he was. I now know no amount of "savings" is worth a sleepless night for me and Dallas. Pampers you are worth EVERY PENNY!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Im going to have to start taking notes :) Keep posting all the little hints you learn :)

Kristina said...

We buy the big bulk of diapers at costco. i think they have great deals.

Craig and Cassie said...

Pampers are totally worth it when they are little!! In a few months you can be cheap! I use the target brand now and love them, but cheap ones just aren't as soft and absorbent for those little guys. Plus you can always find coupons for pampers.

Rachel DeFreese said...

I LOVE Pampers Swaddlers! By far the best! I have found that you can put them in cheap ones during the day and the expensive ones at night that have better absorbancy. Then you can save money still.

Kylie Blackwell said...

I agree with was was said above. For now stick with name brand, it's safer. But about 4 months is when I make the switch. I am a huggies lover but I have girls. I have heard mothers of boys say they like pampers better... I don't know if it's a gender thing, but we like huggies over here. Target brand diapers are AWESOME and are JUST like huggies. Jamie swears buy costco (kirkland) brand diapers. Never tried them. But I am ALL about saving!
OH FYI, with Irey I nursed till she was 5 mo. and then bought simulac formula. With Reese, due to EBV, I lost my milk (tear) and the poor soul only nursed for 3 weeks. I was sick about buying formula and spending $120+ a month. BUT my pediatrician said that all formula is really the same. Some may have more iron or whatever but they ALL have to meet the FDA standard. I did my own research to confrim this for myself, I felt so guilty skimping with formula when I ALREADY wasn't able to breastfeed, silly mom syndrom, anyways... Walmart (parents choice) makes formula that is JUST like Enfamil and Simulac (kirkland does too) AND it's 17.89 (last me two weeks) rather then $25+ AND you get MORE! FEW, I feel better.
Sorry for the unsolicited advice...I just wish I knew this sooner;)