The Dr. appointment went very well! He has gained a pound and has grown 2 inches. His Stats are:
- Weight: 8lbs 15oz - 60th Percentile
- Height: 21.5 inches - 90th Percentile
- Head: 36.5 cm - 70th Percentile
Here he is at today at 2 weeks old hanging out with Mom while she blogs.
A few things I want to share about him. First, he has huge hands and feet. This comes from my family and I love looking at his long fingers. The Pediatrician said what huge feet he had when he first met Dallas in the hospital. Then today he was examining him and said, wow he has big hands... he is going to be a big boy (music to my ears).
First bath. This is his typical look when I bathe him. He doesn't cry, but doesn't look exactly happy.
Dan:
Can I give Dan the "Father of the Year" award yet? He is seriously amazing with Dallas. He is so gentle with him and so worried about him being comfortable, being able to breathe, and being happy. Dan sings to him and cuddles with him non stop. I love watching Dan hover over him, play with him, and talk baby talk with him. Dan is also a HUGE help to me. So often I sit down to start feeding and realize I don't have a burp clothe, or I need a drink of water and Dan is willing to jump up and get me anything I need. He is also great to take Dallas in the morning so I can get a little more sleep. I could not ask for a better father or husband!
Can you tell they are related?
Annie:
I LOVE BEING A MOM! (In case I haven't made that clear) Being home with this little guy is such a blessing. I love spending every minute with him. I love that I get to see all his funny expressions as well as being to one who gets to feed him and calm him. I have lost count the number of times I have been peed on. Everyone is great giving me tips on how to avoid this from happening, but he has impeccable timing and knows when to spray to get me!
First Family Photo, we were headed to church.
Breast feeding has been going well. Up until yesterday I was producing enough milk to feed triplets. My freezer is full of milk and I was wondering if my body would ever regulate. Then yesterday I woke up and I felt like I wasn't producing at all out of one side and the amount decreased on the other. I started panicking, but the Pediatrician said not to worry and to give it some time and things should fix themselves.
He looks SOOOO old here, but oh so handsome! The shoes look big, but fit him perfectly.
Finally my weight. I am very proud and want to record this as a reminder on my next pregnancy. First I only gained 29 pounds. My goal was to stay under 30 and I did... barely. I think I was able to manage this two ways. First I watched what I ate and only in the last month did I let myself have a little extra of something "because I was pregnant." I ate more fruits and veggies than I ever have and I felt great. Second, Dan was in the hospital for a long time and I think the stress of everything kept me from over eating. Now I am two weeks post pregnancy and only 5.5 pounds away from my starting weight and I can fit into my jeans. I love feeling so good post pregnancy and I think it was because I took care of myself during pregnancy.
Friends and Family:
My mom came up last week and was here for a week. She was such a help. My house is clean, my freezer is PACKED is meals, and we had fun spending time together. She was such a huge help and I was thankful for all the tips she passed on to help me get organized.
Dan and I have been OVERWHELMED with all the kind things people have done for us. Gifts, meals, calls, it goes on and on. We are surrounded by the most amazing people and I hope we can return the kindness one day!

2 comments:
Loved the post Annie! I laughed out loud at the picture of Dan and Dallas sleeping. That was so cute!!!! I am so jealous you have lost almost all your weight! And you went to church already? You are super woman! It makes me think back to how it took me 6 months to fully get back to church with Pres and wonder what my deal was. Oh well! Love ya!!!
Oh my gosh! I cant say it enough, he is so adorable... And his HAIR! oh gosh, my babies better have hair lol :) So happy all the adjusting is going well.
Post a Comment