Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby Shower, Baby's Room, and 4th of July Baby Bumps

Life is crazy, but in a wonderful way. My due date is QUICKLY approaching and I feel like I don't have enough time to everything I want accomplished, but luckily, I am married to an amazing man who reminds me nothing matters besides getting this little guy here.



June 25th my ward threw me a baby shower. It was fun to get together will the girls and finally feel part of the conversations. At this point in life where most people around me have kids that is what everyone talks about... kids. Now I am entering that world and have lots to talk about. My mom came up from Cedar City, my sister came with 3 of her 4 girls, and our good friend Betty Jo came to make the party feel complete.



Me with some of my cute neighbors/church friends.


Cindy (the hostest) made me a cute fire engine baby blanket... I LOVE how soft it is!!


Family!


My Mom, Sister, and Me!

Next are a few pictures of the baby's room. There is still some work to be done, (wallpaper boarder, getting the mattress for the crib, lamp, pictures, etc) but we are close enough that I can panic less if he decides to come super early. I love this room. It was a lot of work and I could not have done it with out my sister. First I sanded the whole room. When it was painted they didn't so a very good job and the wall were very rough. Then we painted the baseboards, walls, and ceiling. It took a couple of days, but it was worth it. I will go in there and just sit because I love it so much!! My sister suggested we take pictures of us working, but I refused. They would have been less then flattering and this way I can just pretend I looked amazing while doing it :)


BEFORE



AFTER!!!! Even though the after picture was taken at night, I think the room is so much brighter and cheerier!



Here is a close up of the window seat. I love this space and it will soon be the changing table. I am glad I don't have to buy another piece of furniture and it doesn't take up additional space. It will be perfect.



The closet has been a fun project. Really just hanging up the organizer is all I did, but I saw the idea on a blog and loved not having a dresser yet. A dresser will come in time, but I didn't want one now that would take up space, plus this works perfectly for rotating out clothes ever 3 months.



This 4th of July was spent with my family in Cedar City. We all drove to my parents house and had a wonderful weekend. We actually spent the 4th back in Riverton because we didn't want to get stuck in any traffic, but July 1-3rd were amazing. I love going to my parents. Not because my mom feeds us amazing food non-stop, not because their house can accommodate all of us easily, but because it is always super relaxing filled with fun activities we can do as a family. We went to a pool, (where Dan FRIED himself) we went on quite an adventure to see Pinto a small town, we watched movies, and as mentioned before, ate lots of great food.
My brother's wife is pregnant too and due 8 days before me!! She is having a girl and it has been so much fun going through our pregnancies together. It will be great to have cousins so close in age as they get older, I just wish they would move to Utah, but California will probably always be home for them... I don't blame them :)


Me and Danielle - Yes I am very white, but she is Italian and VERY tan.



The whole family together!



I am thankful for such a wonderful family. I am grateful that we can all get together as often as we do. I feel so blessed this pregnancy is going so well and I am starting to be sad it will be over soon. I LOVE being pregnant. I am thankful for the generosity of friends and family. If you wonder how I afford to dress my son so cute this first year, it is all because of them! I am thankful to live in a free country. I appreciate that Dan really tries to celebrate the meaning of the 4th and not just have fun because we have the day off. So there is the latest and greatest update. Hopefully the remaining six weeks go smoothly, then Dan and I will begin our new lives together as parents!

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

YAy! Im so excited to see the cute lil guy.. its getting so close! you look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Oh how I wish I was there to see this progression! Congrats Miss Annie, that is one lucky baby boy to have you as his mama. As a side note...I still have a package to send you! I'm going to remember before that little boy gets here to send it!

Craig and Cassie said...

A couple things...One, I thought the before picture was the after picture and that the wall was pink. Two, I LOVE the purple dress. Three, you look about 5 months pregnant, maybe 6.

Heather McMullin said...

Your baby bump is so cute!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little cutie!

Hugs!
Heathre

Scooter and Jessica said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys! The nursery looks adorable and you look so beautiful and happy. I can't believe he's going to be here so soon!

The Ackerman Family said...

Great post Annie! I think it sounds like I did way more than I really did! The room looks great! I can't wait for this little guy to come. I have never really felt a strong desire to hold other people's babies once I had some of my own, but I can't wait to hold and love your little guy! Newborns are so precious and I am so excited to have a nephew! I love the picture of you in the pink shirt with Dan. It was so fun to hang out over the 4th of July! You are so beautiful and will probably lose all you baby weight and get you pre-baby body back before me and I will have had a 10 month head start. Oh well. I love you and can't wait to meet this little guy!