My mom and dad are two of the most amazing people! I still call home almost every other day to check in and just to talk. They are always there to listen, give advice, and help. A week after Dan and I moved into our house my sister had her baby. My parents came up that day so they could be here for the birth. They then spent the following 10 days not only helping my sister with the new baby and her kids, but helping Dan and me get settled into our new home.
I am so grateful for loving parents that have devoted their lives to us children. I was so overwhelmed with getting settled while working. My dad spent the days working in our yard fixing the sprinklers, buying tools that we needed, and showing us basically how to take care of the outside of our house. My mom worked hard hanging pictures, cleaning, and putting away things that still needed to be put away. They both did all this while watching my sisters 4 kids (ages 2-8) during the day so my sister could get some sleep and spend time with Presley.
Since my parents came on the weekend, Monday was the first day Dan and I were go all day at work. When I came home that night, the house looked perfect, dinner was ready, and my mom was working on the laundry. I will be honest, I teared up. My house finally felt like a home!
Thanks Mom and Dad for being so wonderful. I will always need your help and advice. I love you!

2 comments:
As much as I am happy for you that you have such wonderful parents, I'm wondering where the pictures of your new house are.
Annie...that was such a sweet post! I must agree: we are lucky! I am glad they were able to help you so much!
Post a Comment