We went to the Provo Freedom Festival. I love all the different celebrations each city has. We missed the Orem Summer Fest due to rain, but we made it to Provo. Dan loved all the early American History booths and even bought a picture of Washington crossing the Delaware.
We drove to the base of where you would hike the "Y" and took in the views. We try and hike it once a year, but it just didn't happen this summer. It was fun look out over Utah Valley and we said our goodbye's since we knew we were moving. We will be back, but just not as regularly. This is also the first time either Dan or I have not lived in Utah County.
We celebrated Trey and Sadie's birthday and hosted my parents when they came up for a visit.
We also gathered LOTS and LOTS of boxes. We both took as many as we could from work and went to Walmart twice so we would have enough.
My wonderful sister and I painted the ugly Orange kitchen a nice warm soothing color. Dan started helping with the Primer, but we both soon agreed that painting isn't his thing. Then we painted the purple bedroom with the purple ceiling, so it is now suitable for guests. Thanks Mandy for your help!!
Kitchen Before
Kitchen After (this picture is Really dark, I will post more)
Purple Bedroom before (I don't have the after picture yet)
Dan and I started bringing our stuff to our new home about 2 weeks before we moved in. We brought all of Dan's books, everything from our storage unit and the storage on our patio. We also brought other misc boxes as we packed them. I thought at 17 foot moving truck would be plenty big. I mean, there are only 2 of us and we live in a condo, how much stuff could we possibly have? Well we filled the truck to the brim and I finally brought the remaining items to our new home yesterday, after about 3 more car loads. I don't know where all the stuff came from or where it fit, I am just glad there is LOTS of storage space here.
Dan driving the truck
Boxes EVERY where you looked.
The move went very smoothly. I am so thankful for great friends and church members who helped us out. We were moved out of the condo and into our home by noon Saturday September 18th. Danny and Matt then helped up mount our TV on the wall so we could watch the BYU football game. I, as usual, fell asleep and was grateful for the rest. I knew I should have done more that day, but I was just so tired. I got some of the unpacking started, not nearly enough. This weekend I finished almost all the rest of it. I am just waiting for my mom to come up to help me with the decorating and purchasing of a few things.
We LOVE our house. I still can't believe we live here. Our neighborhood is AMAZING. Everyone, especially the kids, have been so welcoming and helpful. There is still work to be done, and despite the challenges that come with home ownership, but we are glad we did it!

3 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys! Hope to see more pictures soon!
Wow...what a great paint job you did on your kitchen! :) I am SSSSOOOO happy you are finally moved, and closer to me! I love you!
Yes, more pictures! I want to come visit soon!
Post a Comment