Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Saturday, December 5th, was my Birthday. I am 26 years old. Growing up I never understood why people weren't excited for their birthdays. I LOVED my birthday, in fact I would start a count down a month or more in advance. Birthdays are great, you get older, have more experience under your belt, you get to spend the day with family and friends, seriously birthdays were awesome. I now understand why people stay 29 forever. Although I haven't reached 29 I decided I would like to stay 24 forever. That is my young and fun age. I do like getting older for work (it is interesting when all the employees I manage are older than me), but every other aspect I would like to still be 24. No my bones don't ache, and I don't think my metabolism has slown too much, but 26 is just too old for me. So 26 don't go by too fast I don't want to see another birthday for a long time! Can I have a birthday come but not get any older?

So now that my rant is over, let me tell you about my amazing birthday. It started on Friday. I thought this was the one year I would get away with not celebrating my birthday at work since it fell on a Saturday. I walked in and everything seemed normal. It turns out my co-worker Penny thought it was on the 11th so had Dan not walked in with a cake, flowers, and a Pinata, yes, a pinata, I would have had my office decorated on the 11th.

I was running behind that day, as usual, and ran out of the house without my yogurt. So I got to work and started to get really hungry. Knowing Dan couldn't say no because it was my birthday weekend I called him and asked him to bring me a yogurt. As always by doing this I messed up his plan to go to the store and bring the above stuff around lunch time. So he hurried to the store to get everything, unfortunately they were out of balloons, so that is where the Pinata came in, classic. So I am at work wondering what is taking so long when he walks in with everything, but a yogurt. I thought everything else made up for it :)

It was so sweet. Dan and my co-worker Chris put up the pinata, then he and Penny rounded up the agents in the office to come sing and hit down the pinata. It was seriously so much fun.





Me trying to hit down the pinata and my boss Steve holding it out of the way




Me and Penny wearing parts of the pinata


Me and Dan, unfortunately I only have this picture of us at my work, I don't know why we didn't take any pictures on Saturday when we were dressed up and looked nice.


Saturday Dan and I went to SLC. It was really cold and snowy, but we had fun. We went to Dinner at Famous Dave's... mmmmmm. I love that place, then we went shopping. It was a perfect day.

I really am so blessed with great friends, family, and a wonderful husband who takes such great care of me and always tries to make my birthday special. Thank you to everyone for the many messages, calls, and texts.

5 comments:

We Are Three said...

Um yes. I too thought it was on the 11th (thanks to a very tall blonde girl who will remain nameless WINK WINK!)

GayLynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Good choice on Famous Daves. We miss that here in Cali.

mons meg said...

you changed your background!! no more pink flowers! i hope you had a wonderful day! i hope your package gets there...im worried about the stamp situation :-/ love you lady! (or should i say old lady) :)

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Glad you had a good birthday, Annie!

Carter News said...

I LOVE the pinata!!! What a great idea by Dan- major props to him! Sounds like you had a good day!