There are MANY differences between boys and girls, but the one I wanted to blog about today is on scary movies. I use to love scary movies and for some reason never got that scared. Since getting married I have disliked them more and more. This weekend I reach my max with scary movies and hope to never watch one again. It is Halloween time and a favorite thing for Dan is to watch scary movies. We usually will save all the scary PG-13 movies for this time of year since most are R. Last Friday night our friend Matt who works in the media department at the Library invited us and Mark to come after hours to watch movies in the little theater. We were all very excited, brought popcorn, blankets and put in the first movie: Haunting in Connecticut. It wasn’t before too long that I was almost completely under my blanket, curled in a tight ball, and my eyes closed tight. I really thought I might die in the chair I was curled up in because I was so scared. Now here is the big difference, the guys were talking and laughing about how unreal everything looked. WHAT? I am ready to die of fright and they are laughing and having a good time. I do think deep down they are talking and laughing to keep themselves from getting scared, but none the less I don't know how they can watch such scary movies and not be scared.
Anyway, I survived that night and had a talk with Dan that I am unable to participate in anymore scary movie nights unless I have seen the movie before or approve of it. I tried to be a fun wife, but this is one thing you are the guys are going to have to do on your own. Girls…. Let’s going shopping or put in a chick flick!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i've never ever ever liked scary movies. i get nightmares from tv shows like csi!
Isn't that weird? I always loved them...I always got scared, but it was so fun! Now it really is torture, I don't watch them at all.
Annie, that surprises me! You were always the tough one. Remember when Alisha and I let Dan and Trevor into your apartment while you, Nicole and Whitney went a movie? So funny! You didn't even flinch while the other two had a fit - even throwing themselves down the stairs...ouch!
Post a Comment