Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Dan and I had yet another wonderful Christmas. We were with my family this year. My parents and brother came up and stayed at my sisters in South Jordan where we celebrated Christmas. Dan and I spent the night Christmas Eve so we could wake up with everyone and not miss out on any of the fun. It is amazing how magical Christmas is. I don't know what it is, but I just love the spirit that accompanies the Christmas season. Christmas Eve was hosted at my sisters with both our side of the family and her husbands family over for dinner. It was a full house, but so much fun. After an amazing meal and lots of goodies, we gather around and sang Christmas song. My sister married into a very musically talented family which made it way more fun then our usual tone def family trying to remember all the words. I think that was one of my favorite things we did all night.


Here are a bunch of pictures for that night. I don't know why, but I took LOTS of pictures Christmas Eve but then didn't take anymore the rest of the week.

My dad with his girls, My mom with her girls


Us celebrating our 3 Christmas with my brother R.J., Mandy, Jake, Sadie


All of us sitting round singing, My mom leading a song


RJ and my Dad, Me wearing my brothers hat


RJ and Dan hanging out


After singing, my dad lead all of in reading the story of Christ's Birth. That is a Christmas tradition that most everyone has, but I think it is so important. Hearing the story and the testimony my dad shared afterwards really helped us remember why we celebrate Christmas. All the fun and festivities are great, but refocusing on Christ is what makes the holiday special.



Christmas morning was great. Lots of fun opening presents, good food, and a day of just relaxing. Jake and RJ built several amazing structures with Trey's Lincoln logs. Mandy and I took over Jayda's Dance Dance Revolution. So thank you Trey and Jayda for sharing your toys with the adults :)

Dan and me Christmas morning

The rest of the week so great. Movies, sledding, reminiscing of old times. It really was a great Christmas!

No comments: