Sunday, February 9, 2014

November

November started with a bang... literally. Dallas was having fun in the bath as usual. He was jumping, even though mom has warned him several times this isn't a good idea. He was hanging onto the side of the tub when BAM, he had jumped, is feet slipped out from under him and he crashed down onto the side of the tub chin first. He didn't really cry, he just seemed shocked. I immediately checked his mouth. I thought for sure he would have knocked a tooth out, bit his tough, or something. Nope, no blood. When I was just about to let him keep playing I saw something on his chin. I had him look up and there it was a very deep gash.

I quickly yelled for Dan and pulled Dallas out of the tub. As usual I was more scared then Dallas was. I laid him down to dry him off and get cloths on him so we could go to the ER. Dan and I were both looking at the wound and for a second I thought he might be ok. It wasn't bleeding at all and seemed to be staying closed, but we had Dallas look up and we knew we had to go. It was really deep and needed stitches. Off the ER we went. Dallas was a champ. Obviously he cried and hated getting the actual stitches, but he was very good overall. We were so proud of him.






A couple of days later we celebrated Dan's 36th birthday. I was really proud of his cake. I usually am not that creative, and actually had made fun of this cake when I saw it on Pinterest, but I decided to try it and it cake out great. I won't go on and on, but in case someone out there doesn't know... Dan is amazing. He is so talented, funny, and a great husband and father. He is so modest and actually quiet about the many great things he does that at times I don't fully appreciate how wonderful he is.


The month ended with Thanksgiving. We hosted for Dan's family that lived out here. We had Ben, Laura and Mark, and Katy with us. It was a great day filled with great food. I was completely stressing over doing Thanksgiving, but everyone was so helpful it actually was a breeze and we all were able to enjoy the day.

It is easy in life to get caught up with the things we don't have and want. The world is so loud and can cause a person to lose focus on the important things in life. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that helps focus our small family. We have been blessed beyond words and I can honestly said that life is perfect, anything else is just a bonus at this point.

No comments: