Sunday, May 9, 2010

Woman's Conference and the Provo 5K

Last weekend was very busy, but very fun! It started Thursday night when my mom came into town and my sister drove down to my place. The 3 of us went to dinner, then a movie, and finished the evening back at my place talking. They both spent the night here so we could get up and get out the door nice and early to attend Woman's Conference. Although I had to work for part of the day, it was still so much fun participate in what I could with my awesome mom and sister.


Just as Woman's Conference is cursed to have bad weather so is the Provo 5K. Since they fell on the same weekend this year it was guaranteed. 2 weeks ago the weather was beautiful. This weekend, the weather was beautiful. How was the weather last weekend? FREEZING. Had it stayed dry and just really cold that would have been bearable, but we weren't that lucky.

Dan and I in our matching shirts, still trying to wake up.


Here we are before of the race. Cold, but excited.

Mandy, Me, Dan, Mark, and Brent



About 5 minutes in, if that, it started to rain. Shortly after that it started to HAIL! Yep that's right. We were wet, cold, and then getting hailed on. I will admit, there was a point were I really didn't care if I finished, I just wanted to get warm. We pressed on and finished. Mandy, Dan, and I all ran together. I was so proud of both Mandy and Dan, they did so well. Mandy is 4 months pregnant and did awesome! At the finish line a lady even commented on what a great job she did for being pregnant. Dan also ran the whole way and finished with us. Not only was he severely anemic, it also the furthest Dan had run before this race was 2miles, so the fact that he ran the entire way was very impressive. I am one of the crazies out there who LOVE to run. I don't know why, but I do. It meant so much to me to have Dan by my side the whole way. The only thing that could have made that day better, was a little sunshine!

Mandy and the family after her race.


Mandy headed home with her family and the 4 of us stayed and got free massages by the massage school students. It seemed like a great idea at first because it had stopped raining, but by the end the rain had started up again and we were freezing.

Dan enjoying his massage


Me, Dan, Mark, and Brent freezing, relaxed, and ready to go home.

2 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Mandy is pregnant again?!!? YAyY! How exciting! I can't believe she is still running at 4 months preggo. My goodness. So glad you had such a great weekend. Can't wait to see you next week!

We Are Three said...

I love that you ran the Provo 5k and I have hopes that someday maybe we can run a race together even though I don't really run and we live in different states but there's still a hope.