Friday, April 11, 2008

I am so LUCKY!

I don't know what the deal is lately, but I feel like everyone is getting divorced. It really is so sad that Satan is getting so strong and winning so often. There are at least 4 people at my work getting divorced, many others with marriage problems, and then there is Dan and me who are as happy as can be. I just want to list a few reasons why I am grateful for Dan and why I am so lucky to have him as my husband.

1. He loves me unconditionally. You would think that is obvious, but he really does. When I call him and say I have done something stupid, he listens and deals with it calmly or just laughs. If I keep him up late talking when I am hyper and he is dead tired he listens quietly, never getting mad for keeping him up. If I am in a bad mood or don't feel well he does everything he can to cheer me up and make me better. He even says I am beautiful when I have been sick all day, hair everywhere, no make-up on, and still in P.J.'s.

2. Dan loves having fun. I don't mean fun in the conventional way of going out and doing something, which he does, but I mean he loves making life fun. For example, we try and scare each other in the house all the time. This morning alone I think he jumped out at me at least 10 times hoping to make me jump. There are a million other things just between Dan and me that we do to keep life interesting and us both laughing. I am so glad I married such a happy guy who loves live.

3. Dan appreciates the little things. Yes I cook dinner, yes I try and keep the house clean, which is great and Dan appreciates, but it is the small things that he notices that mean so much to him. Me making his lunch. He claims my sandwiches taste better then the ones he makes. He appreciates it when I leave him notes to find when he is out late playing basketball. I want to throw them away after a bit, but he always wants to keep them. He appreciates when I volunteer to drive when we go places together, although once we get going he tends to regret it because he thinks I am going to kill us. Yet we are still alive and he never remembers those feels before I get behind the wheel, so I couldn't be that bad.

4. He is selfless. This applies to all aspects of Dan's life. He is always worried about his friends, making sure they are doing ok and that they are happy. He worries about his family ( as a good son/brother should). And lastly he worries about me. He always says that all he wants is for me to be happy. He lets me snuggle up to him for hours even though it isn't always comfortable for him, when we are in bed ready to go to sleep and I remember I forgot my phone in the family room he gets out of bed and gets it for me, and he works hard to support our little family.

I am so lucky to have you Dan and I am so grateful for our marriage. It the strongest one that I know of and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. You have brought more joy into my life than I ever thought possible. Thanks for all that you do and I hope you know that I love you with all my heart.

4 comments:

The Ackerman Family said...

Jake and I used to try to scare each other all the time! We also would do things to each other...like dump a huge cup of cold water on the other person when they were showering or crazy stuff like that. It made life fun and exciting! Should I do that to my kids and see if they think its funny too? J/K!!!! I am glad that Dan is so good to you!

mons meg said...

annie reading this made me so happy...it gives me hope for my future :)

Heather McMullin said...

That was sooooo sweet. Cade and I also used to scare eachother. Only Cade would do it when we were turning out all of the lights right before bed.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I would stay married to Dan too